‘THE VOIDS’ –Gathering Information
What are the issues along Crosby walk?
- People passing by to walk to the park – is that a good or bad thing?
- South facing at the front – back gardens underused?
- Subsidence/ structural damage
- Access for construction
- Disabled access
What would you like to see happen here?
- To be rebuilt as it is? (No additional flats)
- Rebuilt 4 end voids on existing footprint but some more flats added if possible?
- Whole row taken down and construction of more flats, including replacement of existing flats. (existing tenants priority)
- New flats to be totally social rented?
- Or some for private sale which could help pay for refurbishments?
- Something other than flats? (eg shared/ Communcal facilities? Workspaces?
- Specific kinds of flats – disabled/ live in carer? shelterd accom?
What kinds of housing would you like the new flats to contain?
- 2 or 3 bed maisonettes?
- More 1 bed flats (to replace those lost?)
- Community space for elderly?
- Overlooked shared front garden? For eldery and young
- Shared or separate back gardens?
- Different kinds of communal living spaces?
What do or don’t you like about the existing flat and house designs at Cressingham? What do you think we could learn from?
- View of park/ trees?
- Access to other parts of Cressingham or to Brockwell park
- Relationship to other houses/ flats
- Split level?
- Natural light?
- Lots of storage?
- Guttering/ drainage design/ water management
- energy use (warm/ cool, bills)
- Ventilation for bathrooms and kitchen
- Are there other things you think work well
- Are there other things you would like to see improved
Materials for use:
- Print out plans and sections of all the existing house and flat types
- Print out Existing site section and plans – to show
- opportunities (for higher building here) and
- constraints – ie 45 degree right to light with neighbour in Brockwell Gate) and the rest of Crosby walk.
- Model of Crosby walk (if DMU students can do in time)